There is something cathartic hearing Jimi Hendrix shread the Star Spangled Banner bleeds America. His redefinition of America is what inspired this playlist, some classic rock, some deep soul and some disco to shake it up. America is about fun, revolution, innovation. This playlist is a SLICE of that. Just the beginning!
We hope that your summers are full of fun plans, requiring multiple trips to the beach house and back, long drives to ambiguously indie music festivals, and miraculous sibling harmony on the way to grandpa’s
house golf course.
That said, we hope you will STAY SAFE enough to make it back in the fall to see the foliage.
Here are HowStuffWorks’ top 10 driving safety tips:
1. Make sure your car is up to date (oil, brakes, full tank—you know the drill)
2. Tone down the aggression (they can’t hear you anyway)
3. Watch out for the other guy (We’re idiots!)
4. Don’t tailgate (not worth being on the phone with the insurance company by any means)
5. Be careful in bad weather (If you’re on foot in the rain wear Hunters, if you’re in a car—switch on your lights and slow the fuck down)
6. Wear your seatbelt (duh)
7. Don’t drive drowsy (Pull over and take a nap!)
8. Avoid distractions (Don’t text, seriously. If it’s that important pull over!)
9. Don’t speed (Leave early.)
10. Don’t drink and drive (No-brainer, give your keys to a DD or stay put for the night.)